Tuesday, January 11, 2011

21 Days of Prayer - John 2 - Roller Coasters

It is cold outside this January in Toledo. Sometimes it does me well to think about warmer times here. Like the things we do in the summer. Like going to Cedar Point and riding the roller coasters. Amazing place, Cedar Point. The amusement park is known around the world for its amazing thrill rides. I’m always apprehensive when I get on the first one of the day. But it is just a matter of time until I’m back in the groove and enjoying the ups and downs of the experience.

If only we could do the same thing with the ups and downs of life. As we are journeying through these 21 Days of Prayer, we are today reading the second chapter of John. In it, Jesus faces some of the ups and downs of life. He celebrates at a wedding and performs His first miracle. He observes the hypocrite vendors in the temple and responds with righteous anger. Jesus shows that as a man, He experienced the same roller coaster of emotions that you and I sometimes encounter.

The interesting thing is that Jesus always responded appropriately. As He was led by the Spirit, He knew just how to handle each situation. As we seek Him today, let’s strive to do the same. I want to know Him better so that I can be more like Him. That way, whether my life is up or down, I will be able to enjoy the ride.

Take a moment now to read John 2. Let us pray together today that we will be more like Jesus so that others may see Him in us. When they do, they can be introduced to the only one who can change their lives.

Remember that It’s All About Jesus!

Pastor Chad

No comments: