Monday, January 24, 2011

21 Days of Prayer - John 15 - Chosen

I can remember very clearly being a sophomore in High School and asking questions about what God had in store for my life. I knew that I loved Jesus with all of my heart. And I knew that I wanted my life to count for Him. I just didn’t know exactly what those purposes were.

It was at a large convention of teenagers from all over Ohio that I understood more clearly. That night, after the preacher preached, I was praying and felt very strongly that God was challenging me to set my life aside to serve Him. There was one verse that stood out in my spirit that night. To this day, it is a reminder to me of God’s hand on our lives. It is John 15:16. It is here that Jesus says, “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.”

Isn’t that a great promise? We aren’t smart enough to go after God. He went after us. He chose us. And He has chosen us, His people, to do a work for Him. Not a work that is meaningless. A work that gets results. It produces fruit. And long lasting fruit. And when we come to Him in faith, He gives us whatever we need to do His will.

As I typed that, I got really excited. If you didn’t, read it again. In fact, take the time to read John chapter 15 today. That chapter is packed full of truths that we can build our lives on. And it all points back to this one thing…life is All About Jesus!

No comments: