Friday, January 28, 2011

21 Days of Prayer - John 19 - Remember

Sometimes it is good to stop and remember. I recently visited Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Rhonda and I had lived in Milwaukee for three years. Our first ministry position was in Milwaukee. We made some good friendships there. Two of our children were born there. We really launched out on our own as a family in those years. As I drove again through that place I hadn’t been in years, I was reminded of God’s faithfulness. I remembered some good times. I remembered some tough times. But, ultimately, I remembered the grace of God in my life how great His love for us has been.

Sometimes it is good to stop and remember. As you read John 19 today, take time to stop and remember. Remember where your life was without Jesus. Stop and think about what your life would be like without Him. And consider the incredible sacrifice He made for us on the cross. Contemplate the kind of love that would compel God to die for you and me.

I know it may be a familiar story, but read it again. Consider the emotions and the drama and the pain. Ask the Holy Spirit to remind you of the difference the cross of Christ has made in your life. And then determine to live out your day thankful for all that He has done.

No comments: